Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Heart

Do you follow me? Down dark twisting tunnels? Around sharp illusive turns? Through thick mysterious forest? Up higher and higher through dark sparkling sky? Crashing diving into deep dangerous ocean? Tunneling into cold dead soil? Into the depths of the mind of someone real? More real than you've seen. Upside down, backwards, light speed then slow. Dear traveler if you've arrived, not turned back, gotten lost, or ran in fear...if truly brutally honestly you've arrived...sit a while and drink. Read from my life's library. Enter a world all my own. But please do be very careful. For this inner most room is the life force for the rest. It's rythm provides sustenance. Should you shatter this fragile floor or these delicate walls, there will be no place left for you. Your journey will have been wasted and instantly you will be returned to solitude. For this miles long, are ever changing, ever shifting. The path is never the same. You will not find your way back to this city called HEART. You get but one chance.

I wrote this for Jess. I can't remember when. I just wanted to show her that I was greatful for the effort she made in loving me and not breaking my heart. I wanted her to know that her love was welcome, and that she could stay. I also wanted her to know that I was vulnerable. Everytime I read it, it reminds me of her perfect love!

No comments: