Monday, May 14, 2007

Message In A Dream

Funny how peope walk in and out of our lives so often. Do you ever know who's permanent and who's not? Is anyone? It was on my mind a lot today. I was thinking about all of the people I've met in my life. The majority of which, are not a part of my life now. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about the fact that most people have walked out. The more I thought about it, the more it bothered me. I started to think that there's something wrong with me...then I caught myself. Those negative thoughts sneak in so easily. The people who have, over the years stayed...are some of the best people I have ever known! I want that. I want to surround myself with good people. Real, genuine people! It doesn't matter if there are a million or just an handful. As long as they have something pure to offer. As long as I have something pure they need, I will give it! I love people. I have always been a people person. Meeting new people is a big part of my job. Everyday I go to work, I leaving knowing more names than when I came. In my mind there are givens...people who you just expect to stay, the ones you think will never leave. My givens are mostly gone.... Jess I thought would be with me until we were both old and wrinkled. My parents, they are supposed to raise you, be around your whole life, and mine died before I could even save a memory of them. Losing Jess and my parents was beyond my control. There is a reason for it though.

I had a dream last night, that I was still in highschool. My parents were there, Jess was there, all of my old friends, I had a huge family. The whole thing is kindof fuzzy, but I remember I was outside. I was running track for gym class and everyone in my circle, both friends and family, were all running with me. I was running with my eyes closed. When I opened them, everyone was gone. I tried to stop running to turn around and find them, but all I could do was turn my head. My body wouldn't stop running. They were gone and I was alone. I tried to yell for them and my voice was silent. The further around the track I got, the less I could remember the faces of all the people who were with me. When I finally got to the end of the dream, the person stopped running and it wasn't me anymore. It didn't look like me. I don't know who it was.

That dream is what triggered my thought pattern today. It's really strange...the message that I'm getting from it. I'm not really sure what to think.

No comments: