Monday, September 10, 2007

September 11

Another year. Six years ago and I remember it like it's happening right in front of my face today! Tomorrow I will think about all those people. The firemen. They hold a special place in my heart after all those long weeks. I will never forget watching buildings collapse and burn. I saw more horrible things than even I care to remember...let alone write down. You don't want to read that shit. It's good for me to be away from the city, although it's the only place I feel I should be tomorrow. This is the first time in 6 years Jess and I will not be heading down to light candles and pray. Lots of firsts for me these days. Strange how the world works sometimes. I am doing well in Colombia with my Abuela. We went sight seeing today, I think mostly though, she wanted to talk to me alone. We had a long conversation about so many things...I talk to her more than anyone else lately. She has a lot of questions, a lot of time to hear stories, and a lot of wisdom to share. I suspect we could talk for days on end without any akward silence. She's good to me, she's good FOR me. I am learning so much. These 3 months are going to be a very crucial time in my life. I very much look forward to coming back to the states and moving, but I have all the patience in the world, because here I have a lot to absorb. Whether I noticed it or not, I fell into and found a place in this family. I belong here. I know for the first time in my life where I come from, where I've been, and where I will go. I no longer consider myself an orphan, I no longer consider myself to be unworthy of love. I really do believe that no matter how bad things get, you always have to keep fighting, because eventually everything comes full circle.

*A moment of silence in prayer for those who lost their lives, and for all those effected by the events of September 11, 2001.*

No comments: