Monday, June 11, 2007

Dirty Work

Just a little while ago I wrote a letter and sent it to the people at child welfare and the police. It was a letter about the abuse and molestation I endured while living in one paticular foster home. The woman has two children of her own and has been a foster mother for 20 years or more. The other day I recieved a phone call from a friend of mine who was in foster care with me at that time. A detective spoke with her and was trying to get in touch with a lot of other people who have lived with her as well. She gave him my phone number. Today I spoke to him on the phone and he would like me to come to New York and fill out a formal statement. Tomorrow is my day off from work, and I will be driving down to meet him. This woman, who calls her self a mother, has already lost her license and any children she was caring for. Her own kids are grown, but I remember them, and I'm sure that they knew what was going on! It feels good to watch her go down for what she did, and also to be a part of it! It scares me too though. Big time. For two years she had complete control of my life! She did a damn good job of making me afraid of the dark and ruining my innocence! In previous posts I've said that I am sick of being down, and that I am not going to stand for this shit anymore. I meant it god damn it! Blair would call that my "latina charm"! Hehehe!

I am also in the process of trying to figure out what the hell to do with the pictures I have that would have convicted Jess' "dad". The detective who handled that case told me off. As far as that goes I think I may have hit a dead end, but we will see what happens while I am in NY in person. Maybe things will be a little different. So tomorrow is my "dirty work" day. I am going to take care of a few things that have been hanging over my head. I also can't wait to see all of my friends! I told one of them I was coming down and she got the rest of them together, so now we are taking over a resturante for some dinner and some girl talk. :-D

I will write an update in a few days, when things have calmed down.
Luv Ya!

No comments: